I love getting and reading comments on this blog! That said, I may delete your comment if any of the following applies:
- Your comment personally attacks me or another commenter. Saying, “I disagree with what you’ve written,” is fine. Saying, “You’re wrong and you’re a moron if you think that,” is not. To paraphrase Alan Sepinwall, “Talk about the issues, not about each other.”
- Your comment is spam. My definition of spam includes pointless advertisements for your personal blog. Sharing something you wrote on a similar topic is great. Comments that only say, “I like this blog, you should check out mine!!!” are annoying.
- Your comment is an off-topic rant or a short, snarky comment that adds nothing useful to the discussion.
- Your comment contains, or links to, pornographic images. I’m trying to maintain a “Safe for Work” blog here!
- Your comment uses the phrase “studies have shown” without citing any actual studies. Actually, no, I won’t delete those, I’ll just mock them :-)